Sunday, January 3, 2010

2009, year in review


so I realize this is a little late (my dear friend Kelsey Brown pointed this out), and for that I apologize. as you can see, there is no "december" post. instead, I decided to pick out the most memorable songs of 2009 (not necessarily best, just what I listened to most, or has the most emotional attachment). it's been a crazy year, though I can't say I'm unhappy to see it go.

1. woodstock/alice smith
2. you're the one/the black keys
3. blue sparks/paper bird
4. before the sun goes down/vetiver
5. gotta have you/the weepies
6. a change is gonna come/sam cooke
7. let it die/feist
8. you're gonna make me lonesome when you go/bob dylan
9. metal heart (2008 version)/cat power
10. the wolves (act 1&2)
11. orange sky/alexi murdoch
12. let it fall/lykke li
13. where did you sleep last night?/leadbelly
14. empire state of mind/jay-z feat. alicia keys
15. low man/alberta cross
16. colors/dark dark dark
17. mercy/timber timbre
18. laughing with/regina spektor
19. i'll be here in the morning/townes van zandt
20. junebug waltz/hurray for the riff raff
21. vampire/pink mountaintops
22. i shall not walk alone/ben harper with the blind boys of alabama
23. hard sun/eddie vedder
24. bones & skin/mirah
25. less than positive/cotton jones
26. devil town/bright eyes

xoxo 2009, bring it on 2010.

2 comments:

Kelsey Brown said...

Sorry for being so needy! I just wanted a blog friend. :) And I have no shame for commenting so much.

Nora said...

i love you.